Signing your child up for a summer camp week or a weekend retreat at Joy El Camps & Retreats is a very good idea! Child development professionals believe that attending camp helps kids to mature socially, emotionally, intellectually, morally and physically. This belief is supported by a study on youth development done by the American Camp Association.
Additionally, Christian retreat centers in Pennsylvania add a focus for the spiritual aspect of a child’s life. Attending a Christian camp encourages spiritual growth, a dynamic many families believe is missing in the lives of today’s generation of youth.
Joy El Camps & Retreats, a Christian retreat center in Pennsylvania, seeks to help children strengthen and grow their character. We make Biblical values the foundation of all of our programming.
Here are some basic benefits your child will experience from a week of summer or from a weekend retreat at Joy El:
- Total involvement—The spiritual, physical, social and sensory are activated uniquely and simultaneously in our wholesome, Bible-centered camping environment.
- Outdoor learning—Through interactive experiences with the natural world a sense of wonder and a desire for environmental stewardship of God’s world are developed.
- Growth experiences—A healthy self-confidence, independence, and desire for learning is fostered through new and challenging activities.
- Relationship building—Opportunities to form new relationships with peers and camping staff abound, while gaining understanding of the give-and-take of community living.
- Memory making—Great memories are created from out-of-the-ordinary experiences of weather, scenery, campfires, physical exertion, success and failure, conversations, Bible studies, and good-ole-fashioned fun.