Top Ten Prayer Concerns for May 2013
Joy El Camps and Retreats Joy El Generation
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest in me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
We praise God for answering these prayers (and more) in the last month:
- Praise God for the 362 individuals who have made the decision to begin a relationship with Jesus through programs offered at Joy El.
- Praise God for the fathers and daughters who attended the Father-Daughter Connection last month and encountered God.
- Praise God for the responses as staff called previous campers to invite them to join us again this summer.
- Praise God for the opportunity to distribute summer camp flyers to school districts and the excitement they are generating about camp.
- Praise God for the privilege of holding summer camp so that children and youth can experience community in a Christ-focused setting.
- Praise God for another year of Released Time in which the lives of children and volunteers were impacted through memorized scripture and Bible lessons.
- Praise God for the many volunteers who invest into the lives of students through the Released Time Bible program and camp programs.
- Praise God for the many people who faithfully support this ministry through financial gifts, prayer, and volunteer hours.
Believing that God will answer our prayers:
- Pray that as believers we would recognize that Christ’s grace is sufficient for us because His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. (See verse above.)
- Pray that the time spent reviewing and evaluating the past Released Time year will be effective in planning for the upcoming year.
- Pray that RT children will be connected with churches, individuals, summer camp and other ministries that will encourage what they learned in Released Time this past year.
- Pray that preparations will go smoothly for the upcoming RT year as materials are printed, copied and assembled for distribution.
- Pray that God will continue to provide campership funds so that every child can attend summer camp no matter what their financial situation is.
- Pray that God will bring the right people to fill the 4.12 Leadership Training Program Coordinator, Released Time Regional Coordinator and Food Services Coordinator positions.
- Pray for the equipping of the summer leadership team as they arrive on May 27th. Please also continue to pray that God will provide quality, Christ-focused summer staff (specifically: Male Senior Counselors, Assistant Cook, Maintenance Assistant, High Adventure/Lifeguard and Office Assistants).
- Pray for the construction of the Adventure Village cabins for this summer’s Traverse Adventure camps.
- Pray that many churches and groups will choose to hold retreats at Joy El over the summer and fall, taking time to get away from the daily routine and encounter God.
- Pray that God will continue to provide for the needs of the ministry through the giving of others.