What to Pack for Camp
Are you wondering what your child will need for a week of day camp or overnight camp? Not sure what items should stay at home? Please follow the guidelines below when packing your child’s things for camp. If you have questions about anything not addressed here, please feel free to contact us at 717-369-4539 or email us at email@example.com
What to leave at home:
It is our desire that each camper would spend time connecting with God and the other campers without distractions–this is part of what makes camping a unique experience, the setting apart from the normal everyday schedules and technologies of life. Because of this, we ask that all electronic devices (IPods, cell phones, video games, etc.) be left at home. We assure you that your child will be kept active throughout the week and will not miss these items. You may send letters to your camper by mail or email. (To email your camper, click on the flashing blue “camper email” icon at the top of this page or on our home page.)Campers may respond to you through mail. Phone calls from you to your child (unless it is an emergency) are not permitted as it does take away from the camping experience and tends to cause or increase homesickness. Please be assured if there is a situation you need to be made aware of, one of our staff members will contact you. We are looking forward to having your child enjoy a week free from all outside distractions as they connect with God.
To PRINT the information below, click here for a PDF version: What to Pack
What to bring for Day Camp:
All Campers: Please label all backpacks, carry-bags, towels, etc.
- Clothing: A change of clothing suitable for a day at camp, modest one-piece swimsuit, sweatshirt or jacket, extra pair of shoes. We do have water games some days, so dry clothes are recommended.
- Personal items: Towel, insect repellent, sunscreen, camera, etc.
- Study items: Bible, notebook, pen or pencil.
- Spending money: All campers will deposit their money in the camp bank when they register. Camp staff will keep a running total of their balance. Money left over at the end of the week will be refunded to your child on the last day of camp.
What to bring for Overnight Camp:
All Campers: Please label all luggage and belongings
- Clothing: Casual camp clothes, clothes for Friday night banquet, modest one-piece swimsuit, sweatshirt or jacket, extra pair of shoes
- Bedding: Pillow and sleeping bag or sheets and blankets
- Personal items: Towels, washcloth, soap, shampoo, toothbrush & toothpaste, flashlight, insect repellent, sun screen, camera, etc.
- Study items: Bible, notebook and a pen or pencil
- Spending money: All campers (with the exception of Surge campers) will deposit their money in the camp bank either when they register or when they check in for their session. Camp staff will keep a running total of their balance. Money left over at the end of the week will be refunded to your child on the last day of camp.